On December 3, the Ukrainian Startup Fund held its 35th Pitch Day to select startups for state financing. Due to quarantine measures, the event took place in online mode. 10 startups made presentations (pitches). All of them are at the pre-seed stage (each of them applies for state grant funding in the amount of $25,000).
Specialize business publishing house of investment market InVenture and a platform based on the desire to strengthen the Ukrainian technological ecosystem TechUkraine joined as an event’s media partners.
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Stanislav Podyachev. Managing partner at Blockchain Lab.
- Mykhailo Khaletskyi. Credit Analyst at SEB AB.
- Arkadiy Vershebenyuk. Partner at JKR Investment Group.
- Igor Rusnak. Strategic and Development Officer at OTP Bank.
- Oleksandr Riabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA.
- Roman Viliavin. Partner at Promodo.
The main criteria for evaluating projects at the pre-seed stage are team, market, idea, the feasibility of financing, and strategy. In each category, a maximum is 5 points (in total maximum is 25). The passing score for a recommendation to the Supervisory Board for a grant is 12 points.
This time the audience award according to a vote in the telegram channel was gained by the startup Fintellect.
Startups Fintellect, Alter Ego, and JobTailor received a special prize from the event partner iHUB in the form of three months of free use of their workplaces.
According to the results of the Competition Сommittee’s assessments, the following startups rating list was formed (from the highest score to the lowest):
- Alter Ego. Simplified philosophy app to reduce anxiety (Lviv).
- Fintellect. Financial super tool for small creative & IT agencies (Kyiv).
- Drill. A unique application for training in tactical shooting and self-defense (Kyiv).
- EmployFox. Tool for creating video vacancies (Kharkiv).
- Vgreen. Vertical smart garden (Kyiv).
- JobTailor. SaaS to enhance recruiting and job search with the help of AI. CV to position fitness analytics and Machine Learning assisted position-specific CV creation (Kyiv).
- Provihub. Energy marketplace for gas and electricity consumers (Kyiv).
- HugeProfit. A commodity business management system that will help increase revenue by 3 times (Kharkiv).
- TeamSolution. Innovative software for monitoring work activity in areas where manual labor is used. Creates big data, helps to structure work processes, identify patterns and analyze labor efficiency, is used to train personnel, makes the invisible visible, thereby increasing the company’s profit. Based on computer vision and artificial intelligence (Kyiv).
- Pipeliner. SaaS for small and medium businesses, that helps entrepreneurs understand their company’s business model and finances (Kharkiv).
At the USF Supervisory Board meeting, which will take place in the near future, it will be decided which startups will receive grant funding.
We remind that according to the results of the 33rd Pitch Day 5 startups were funded: NOTY AI, WheelKeep, Olenka ai, AdMarket, and Connect 21.