On July 30 the Ukrainian Startup Fund held the 29th Pitch Day to select projects for state financing. 12 teams presented their ideas. We are pleased to announce that at the USF Supervisory Board meeting was decided to finance 5 of them for a total amount of $125 thousand, namely:
The startups on a pre-seed stage ($25,000 grant):
- The Great Catalog. A marketplace of 3D models for designers and architects (Kyiv).
- Real Talk Sport. A web-based CRM system for administering businesses and sports federation organizations (Kyiv).
- Elai. An AI-based solution, that allows you to generate interactive videos with a human presenter from text, without the need for actors, film crews, and expensive equipment (Kyiv).
- MAGBULB. The world’s first magnetic light bulb socket. A unique plastic adapter, which consists of two parts, one part of which is screwed into the lamp holder instead of a light bulb, and the other part is put on a light bulb. Easy, quick, and safe way to replace a light bulb (Lviv).
- IDvizer. An AI-based facial ID verification engine. Built-in security tool made to measures of your business model (Kyiv).
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Oleksandr Riabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA.
- Oleksandr Romanishin. Advisor to the Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine.
- Arkadiy Vershebenyuk. Partner at BeeVentures.
- Igor Pertsiya. Venture partner at TA Ventures, regional director of iCLUB, advisor to the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine.
- Vadym Rogovskiy. CEO and founder of Startup School Online.
- Yurii Sereshchenko. Managing partner at Quarter Partners.
The main criteria for evaluating projects are team, market, idea, the feasibility of financing, and strategy.
Full recording of the 29th pitch can be viewed on our official YouTube channel at the link.
As a reminder: the USF constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups, which can be submitted on the official website at the link.
Besides pre-seed/seed grants startups also have an opportunity to receive grants for educational programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance professional competence and improve skills related to business development and beyond. More details you can find on our website at this link.