The Ukrainian Startup Fund is launching a new grant support program for dual-use projects to increase the country’s defense capabilities and post-war reconstruction.
It is a non-refundable financial aid for dual-use projects that simultaneously cover three needs:
- project development costs,
- provides access to the best mentors and experts,
- increases the country’s defense capabilities and promotes its rapid postwar reconstruction.
The new Fund’s program is designed to promote the creation and development of innovative dual-use products or services: technologies, processes or other components that distinguish such products from those already-existing on the market or meet the existing demand from both individuals and the state.
Аccording to the program, the Fund will support projects that focus on the following industries:
- health care
The Grant amount is up to $35,000, out of which – $25,000 are directed to the activities of the Applicant, and up to $10,000 for payment of the services of an Accredited Accelerator.
Competitive selection for the grant will take place in several stages:
- Registration on the Web-portal and submission of the Application.
- Verification of the Application for compliance with the Regulations.
- Expert evaluation of the Application.
- Confirmation of a decision by the Supervisory Board on the financing.
- Conclusion of the Grant Agreement.
Profile experts will evaluate applications in terms of the following categories:
- Demand (compliance of the application with the declared area; compliance with market needs and dual-use compatibility; availability of competitive advantages).
- Feasibility (technological validation; innovation; implementation risk assessment).
- Viability (availability of a team for implementation; sufficiency of grant funding to achieve goals; economic value of the grant).
You can read the Regulations on the Dual-Use Grant Support Program and submit an application at the following link: https://usf.com.ua/en/dual-use-grant-support-program/