On November 26, the Ukrainian Startup Fund held its 34th Pitch Day to select startups for state financing. Due to quarantine measures, the event took place in online mode. 11 startups made presentations (pitches). All of them are at the seed stage (each of them applies for state grant funding in the amount of $50,000).
Specialize business publishing house of investment market InVenture and a platform based on the desire to strengthen the Ukrainian technological ecosystem TechUkraine joined as an event’s media partners.
The event was opened by Anastasia Oliinyk, coordinator of the Microsoft For Startups program in Ukraine, who announced the beginning of an official partnership between our Fund and the program for startups from Microsoft:
“Microsoft has recently started a new project with startups on the territory of Ukraine, but we are sure that our company will make its contribution and bring new values to the development of the local innovation ecosystem. Our program for startups allows teams to launch their products on Microsoft platform, which includes Microsoft Azure, Office 365, GitHub, and Visual Studio. We also help startups participating in our programs to scale with the help of Microsoft Marketplace, which connects startups with Microsoft partners”.
Who is the jury made up of?
- Olena Mazhuga. Investment director at Flyer One Ventures.
- Olesya Malovana. Chapter director at Startup Grind Dnipro.
- Mykhailo Khaletskyi. Credit Analyst at SEB AB.
- Oleksandr Riabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA.
- Eugenia Klepa. Executive director at 1991 Open Data Incubator.
- Yurii Sereshchenko. Managing partner at Quarter Partners.
- Oleksandr Arapov. Co-Founder 3DLOOK.
The main criteria for evaluating projects at the pre-seed stage are team, market, product, the feasibility of financing, and strategy. In each category, a maximum is 5 points (in total maximum is 25). The passing score for a recommendation to the Supervisory Board for a grant is 15 points.
This time the audience award according to a vote in the telegram channel was gained by the startup Streetball App.
The teams BloggerMall, Recoshelf, and Advicera received a special prize from UNIT.City – 3 months of free access to the modern coworking – NEST, which is located on the territory of the innovation park plus its infrastructure.
A special prize from the event partner Unit School of Business in the form of a scholarship for free education at the school for entrepreneurs according to the Berkeley methodology was received by the startup VermiDim – Dobrobud.
Startups Librarius, Assayme, and MISU received a special prize from the event partner iHUB in the form of three months of free use of their workplaces.
According to the results of the Competition Сommittee’s assessments, the following startups rating list was formed (from the highest score to the lowest):
- MISU. A mobile app and smart device which monitors people’s health 24\7 and prevents critical moments and critical conditions before they happen (Rivne).
- AR Warriors. A multiplayer augmented reality game that will take children away from the couch (Dnipro).
- AssayMe. A personal Wellness & Health Assistant enables one to monitor health conditions and prevent potential medical problems through a simple, at-home, self-administered urine test, as well it`s a comprehensive tool for Telehealth (New York).
- Recoshelf. Smart cameras for efficient sales of retail (Kyiv).
- BloggerMall. ML-powered influencer marketing platform (Kyiv).
- Advicera. An AI-based startup advisor for founders from developing ecosystems (Kyiv).
- Aquarius. A vending machine for making delicious drinking water (Lviv).
- Librarius. Thousands of the best books are always with you (Kyiv).
- Streetball App. A mobile application to find basketball courts and partners nearby for the organization of a simple game (Kyiv).
- VermiDim – Dobrobud. A module for processing food and organic waste, directly on the places of their formation, without the need for transportation to municipal landfills (Kherson).
- Upbau. A price comparison engine for the building materials market. This lets buyers compare pricing from multiple merchants on a single page with one click and choose the best supplier from the recommended list (Kyiv).
At the USF Supervisory Board meeting, which will take place in the near future, it will be decided which startups will receive grant funding.
We remind that according to the results of the 32nd Pitch Day 5 startups were funded: ComeBack Mobility, Silentbox, Lab24, IBeauty, and HoldYou.