On October 13, the Ukrainian Startup Fund held its 32nd Pitch Day to select startups for state financing. The event took place in offline mode on the territory of the innovation park UNIT.City. 9 startups made presentations (pitches). All of them are at the seed stage (each of them applies for state grant funding in the amount of $50,000).
InVenture, a specialized business publishing house of the investment market, joined as an event’s media partner.
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Olesya Malovana. Chapter director at Startup Grind Dnipro.
- Maksym Beshleul. CEO Skylock Ukraine.
- Oleksandr Riabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA.
- Eugenia Klepa. Executive director at 1991 Open Data Incubator, ambassador at WTECH.
- Vadym Rogovskiy. CEO and founder of Startup School Online.
- Dmytro Chernukha. Industry Innovation manager at DTEK.
The main criteria for evaluating projects at the seed stage are team, market, product, the feasibility of financing, strategy. In each category, a maximum is 5 points (in total maximum is 25). The passing score for a recommendation to the Supervisory Board for a grant is 15 points.
This time the audience award according to a vote in the telegram channel was gained by the startup HoldYou.
The teams HoldYou, Lab24, and IBeauty received a special prize from UNIT.City – 3 months of free access to the modern coworking – NEST, which is located on the territory of the innovation park + its infrastructure.
Startup ComeBack Mobility received a special prize from Unit School of Business in the form of a scholarship for free education at their school for entrepreneurs.
Startups ComeBack Mobility and Phygital business card E-Card received a special prize from the event partner iHUB in the form of three months of free use of their workplaces.
According to the results of the Competition Сommittee’s assessments, the following startups rating list was formed (from the highest score to the lowest):
- ComeBack Mobility. Smart sensors for crutches to monitor the load during the rehabilitation after the injuries of lower extremities (Dnipro).
- Lab24. A marketplace of medical laboratory tests with added value. It unites labs, nurses, medical centers and makes laboratory services more affordable and cheaper for customers (Kyiv).
- Office booths Silentbox. Soundproof office cabins allow increasing the efficiency of employees by reducing the overall noise in the open space (Kyiv).
- IBeauty. The automated ecosystem for the beauty industry. Provides partners with a CRM system for optimization and automation, marketing platform, and is a market moderator (Kyiv).
- HoldYou. An online psychological aid service. Our project is for people who want to get help from psychologists whenever and wherever no matter where they are at the moment. All the consultations take place online through our platform, it can be a mobile application, your account on the site, or by phone (Kyiv).
- Postello. Our customers are entrepreneurs in micro and small businesses who want to be online but don’t have enough time and money for running business pages on social media and Postello helps with that. This is an instrument that can generate, manage and edit content for social media using machine learning (Kyiv).
- Phygital business card E-Card. Helps companies to get maximum from the first contact. Physical business card powered by digital sales and marketing tools. Everything you need while networking in one convenient solution (Kyiv).
- Pharminno. Hi-tech conditions for individualized and small-batch compounding in a pharmacy setting of personalized cosmetic and drug products and specialized cosmetics for beauty centers, health care centers, and individual clients (Lviv).
- Day: Motivation & Inspiration. Positive widgets for iOS that let you live a happier life every day (Kharkiv).
At the USF Supervisory Board meeting, which will take place in the near future, it will be decided which startups will receive grant funding.
We remind that according to the results of the 30th and 31st Pitch Day 10 startups were funded: SmartZavod, Innstoria, MATHEMA, InputSoft, RiseMe, SKIDS, SPOKK, Gravitec, TEHNOTABLE, and StudyDive.