The Ukrainian Startup Fund will hold the twentieth selection of startups for state financing which have received high marks from experts. Pitch Day, due to quarantine, will take place on January 15 remotely, using Zoom, a service for video conferencing. Everyone will be able to watch the live broadcast on our official YouTube channel.
“I sincerely congratulate you on the past holidays and the beginning of the new year, which we are opening with an important event for us – the second anniversary pitch, which falls on the corresponding festive time. Every new year we promise ourselves to be better than last year and I can assure you that in 2021 the Fund will fulfill this promise. We have a lot of good news and new opportunities ahead of us. They will not go unnoticed by the ecosystem and will further contribute to its development. In addition to the traditional pre-seed pitches, this time there will be something special – for the first time on our pitch stage participants of the international innovation program EUREKA Globalstars will present their projects ” – CEO of the Ukrainian Startup Fund Pavlo Kartashov comments the announcement.
A special prize from the partners of the Ukrainian Startup Fund – LIFT99 Kyiv Hub will also be drawn among the teams participating in the pitch. LIFT99 representatives will select teams and reward them with free access to the startup hub for a period of two months.
What startups will we see?
11 pre-seed startups (each of them сlaims for the $ 25,000 grant) managed to get to the 20th Pitch Day. Meet:
- Native. A platform for learning languages, which gives lots of affordable realistic practice with personalized feedback from a live teacher.
- obimy. An app and service to send senses and touches on the distance. communication without words.
- Gremly. All services in one App. It’s easy to choose the best companies and quickly to book in a few clicks.
- Checki. A smart service of electronic receipts. Customers do not need to save cash receipts anymore. Businesses can lower charges on paper and fiscal registers and can get an additional marketing tool.
- RichMe. A virtual assistant that will help novice investors in planning, choosing a strategy, and selection of financial instruments, as well as will accompany them until the goals are met.
- ComeBack Mobility. Smart sensors for crutches to monitor the load on the limbs after various conditions and injuries to the lower extremities.
- Noplag. Plagiarism detection software and resources for academic writing: online editor, essay examples, outline templates, grammar checker, citation generator.
- MindSelf. A mobile instrument for psychological self-help: stress coping, mental well-being support, focus, and mindfulness improving.
- LineBar. Multifunctional construction 3D printing technology, which allows printing building elements with several materials simultaneously and directly on construction site.
- OSBB Online. A comprehensive solution for managing apartment buildings and the comfortable living of residents.
- Spexfy. The best service to create project specifications documents.
For the first time, the participants of the EUREKA Globalstars competition will present their ideas before the Ukrainian Startup Fund commission. It is an international initiative that enables teams of Ukrainian business, research institutions, and universities to take part in a joint project competition between Singapore and 14 EUREKA member countries.
Ukraine joined the initiative in June last year. Since then, 33 projects have been interested in participating, 3 of which signed consortium agreements and submitted applications. Two of them received high marks and will be elected by the board of independent investment experts on the platform of our Fund, which is a condition for obtaining grant funding and further progress in the competition. The projects are as follows:
- EcoTyre. Development of a complete system for monitoring waste management based on Earth observation. The service will include an AI artificial intelligence tool to detect illegal landfills on satellite images in large areas, as well as a tool to monitor environmental impact and landfill development over time to identify hazards and assess the minimization of its impact on the environment.
- Achieving sustainable living through end-to-end energy tracking on a blockchain. A decentralized energy network that allows property owners to track, automate, and account for their energy sustainability goals, sell clean energy to their tenants, and operate carbon-neutral charging stations.
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Olesya Malovana. Chapter director at Startup Grind Dnipro.
- Oleksandra Balkova. Chief Operating Officer of accelerations programs at Startup Wise Guys.
- Yurii Sereshchenko. Managing partner at Quarter Partners.
- Vadym Rogovskiy. CEO and founder of Startup School Online.
- Yuriy Kozik. CEO Advisera.
- Oleksandr Riabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA.
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch in real-time.
DATE: January 15. The actual start will be at 14:00 and approximately up to 19:30.
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.
The Fund also provides opportunities for promising startups to receive grants for acceleration programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance professional competence, and improve skills related to business development and beyond.
LIFT99 is an international startup community with physical coworking locations in Kyiv and Tallinn. Our goal is to study the Ukrainian startup ecosystem and help it accelerate its entry to the global startup map. We connect startup founders and hold tete-a-tete meetings with investors, hold a number of closed events – which in turn helps the members of our hub to gain valuable experience and knowledge.
EUREKA is an international innovative scientific and technical program founded in 1985. Its main goal is to promote innovative entrepreneurship between small and large enterprises, research institutes and universities. Ukraine joined the program in 2008. EUREKA promotes the development of competitive products, the introduction of the latest technological processes in production, the provision of high quality services, the expansion of international scientific and technical cooperation, the involvement of industrial and research institutions in the implementation of joint innovative developments.