The Ukrainian Startup Fund will hold the 30th selection of startups for state financing. Pitch Day will take place by August 20 offline at the territory of the innovation park UNIT.City. At the opening, the Fund will present a new tool for supporting Startups, and also intermediate KPI and statistical data, which were collected as a result of more than 300 pitches since the start/from the beginning of providing activity.
Event’s media partner – InVenture. Specialize business publishing house of investment market.
«Long-awaiting thirtieth Pitch Day will take place this week and it’s hard to imagine a more symbolic time for this event. Ukraine is growing and we also, so we invite you to join the celebration and get acquainted with the latest novelties of domestic innovations, which gets the honor to perform their ideas at this unique moment», — CEO of the Ukrainian Startup Fund Pavlo Kartashov comments the announcement.
What startups will we see?
12 seed startups (each of them сlaims for the $50,000 grant) managed to get to the 30th Pitch Day. Meet:
- Dnipro-MTO. Mechanical cryogenic freezer with a working temperature of -150°C that effectively runs under an ambient temperature of +32°C and does not require Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) or any other consumables. CTC -150°C will replace liquid nitrogen-based freezers as they are dangerous for the health and life of the personnel, unreliable, require high maintenance costs, and are harmful to the environment (Kyiv).
- Quant. The first inverter stabilizers with advanced protection. The main feature of an inverter stabilizer is 100% protection of the connected load. The defining feature of the Quant inverter stabilizer is that it provides a previously unavailable level of protection against dangerous voltage spikes and other problems in electrical networks (Lviv, Zhytomyr).
- TEHNOTABLE. The only manufacturer of tables with an electronic lifting mechanism in Ukraine, which helps to relieve tension from the back and strengthen the muscles of the whole body (Kyiv).
- ARbrowser. SaaS platform for interactive and high-quality furniture visualization. This helps to double the sales conversion rate (Kyiv).
- Kidium. An online platform for selling and buying kids’ stuff, booking services or specialists for a child, searching for government or private organizations for children, communicating, public posts, and knowledge about kids’ events in your city (Uzhgorod).
- Gravitec. Automated content delivery for media and SMEs based on web push notification technology. Generates up to 25% additional traffic for your website (Kyiv).
- StudyDive. Single platform to manage employee development plans that helps companies to increase employees’ learning engagement while decreasing spending on content procurement and management (Kyiv).
- DrugCard. SaaS for automated medical literature monitoring. Designed to help pharmaceutical and contract research organizations automate routine processes, optimize costs and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (Kyiv, Lviv).
- Workademy. Cloud- and subscription-based learning platform to help mid-size businesses to scale the knowledge of any employee to the whole organization with a smart course builder based on a didactical approach. (Kyiv).
- Reelly. Online distributor of realtor`s sales for developers. And for agents, we are a platform that opens access to thousands of properties with a guarantee of the payment of commissions (Odesa, Kyiv).
- Штрафи UA для Бізнесу. A service for legal entities which monitors traffic fines and allows to collect the amount of the fine from the violator on time and to increase the level of responsible driving in Ukraine (Odesa).
- SPOKK. A digital insurance platform with affordable microinsurance products and a full range of online services. Users can purchase a policy in a few clicks, file a claim online, find out the decision on the insured event almost instantly and receive a refund directly to their payment card (Kyiv).
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch it in real-time.
If you are a media representative there is an opportunity to be accredited by this link to get to the event in person.
DATE: August 20. The actual start will be at 4 p.m. and approximately up to 9:30 p.m.
PLACE: Kyiv, street Dorogozhytska, 3, amphitheater (UNIT.City).
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Oleksandr Yatsenko. Managing partner at BRISE Capital.
- Andriy Zaikin. CEO and founder of YEP.
- Oleksandr Riabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA.
- Sergii Dovgopolyy. Managing partner at FeelGoodLabs businesses accelerator.
- Maksym Beshleul. Founder and CEO at MedicalLife.
- Yurii Sereshchenko. Managing partner at Quarter Partners.
Also, special prizes will be awarded to the teams participating in the pitch from the partners of the Ukrainian Startup Fund: UNIT.City, Unit School of Business, LIFT99 Kyiv Hub and iHUB.
The UNIT.City prize is 3 months for the winning team in the newest coworking space NEST on the territory of the innovation park plus access to its infrastructure.
The prize from Unit School of Business is to award one startup selected by USB representatives with a scholarship for free education at their school for entrepreneurs.
The LIFT99 Kyiv Hub prize is to reward teams selected by LIFT99 representatives with free access to their startup hub for a period of two months. In addition to that, the winners will also receive mentorship from the experts of the hub.
The prize from iHUB is to reward a team selected by iHUB representatives for three months of free use of their workplaces. In the future, the startup founders can be iHUB residents with a 50% discount for 6 months if they wish.
Fund’s team sincerely thanks all of the partners and friends, who had helped to grow and continue supporting the growth of the Ukrainian startup ecosystem. Without their continuing support in information and practical ways, nowadays results had been much smaller, and some of the initiatives wouldn’t exist at all: Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine, innovation park UNIT.City, Unit School of Business, media outlet Tech Ukraine, European Business Association, American Chamber of Commerce, startup-hubs iHUB and LIFT99 Kyiv Hub, UAFIC, UCU Center for Entrepreneurship, Ukrainian Business Community Club, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, chapters of Startup Grind in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro and Rivne, Ukrainian Hub, Polish-Ukrainian Startup Bridge, Diia.Business, incubators & accelerators ISE, USMAC, Startup Wise Guys, Seed Forum Global, eō Business Incubators, 1991 Open Data Incubator, YEP, Sector X Acceleration Platform and MIT Enterprise Forum CEE, holdings TECHIIA and MHP, Innovation DTEK, investment company BRISE Capital, Sigma Software with Sigma Software Labs, Radar Tech, We Challenge, Privacy Hub, Center42, EASE, Amazon Web Services, Seedstars Kazakhstan, Eurasian Startup Awards and MeOut Group.
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.
The Fund also provides opportunities for promising startups to receive grants for educational programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance professional competence and improve skills related to business development and beyond.