The Ukrainian Startup Fund will hold the 26th selection of startups for state financing which have received high marks from experts. Pitch Day will take place on May 14 in offline mode on the territory of the hub for startups and tech companies – iHUB. Everyone will be able to watch the live broadcast on our official YouTube channel.
“New pitches continue to welcome us at new locations. For the first time, the teams will present their projects at our permanent partner iHUB in the very center of the capital in Khreshchatyk street. Also, this time the audience will have a new quality of broadcasting, which will pleasantly surprise everyone”, – CEO of the Ukrainian Startup Fund Pavlo Kartashov comments the announcement.
Also, special prizes will be awarded to the teams participating in the pitch from the partners of the Ukrainian Startup Fund – UNIT.City, Unit School of Business and iHUB powered by NUMA.
The UNIT.City prize is 3 months for the winning team in the newest coworking space NEST on the territory of the innovation park + its infrastructure.
The prize from Unit School of Business is to award one startup selected by USB representatives with a scholarship for free education at their school for entrepreneurs.
The prize from iHUB powered by NUMA is to reward a team selected by iHUB representatives for three months of free use of their workplaces. In the future, the startup founders can be iHUB residents with a 50% discount for 6 months if they wish.
What startups will we see?
12 seed startups (each of them сlaims for the $ 50,000 grant) managed to get to the 26th Pitch Day. Meet:
- Delight. An interactive book is with the elements of shadow theatre of shadows. A product consists of book as an accordion, pages of that are intagliated a stencil illustrations histories of fairy-tale, that by means of light and shade form on ceiling or walls of apartment of history of fairy-tale and adding to her, are addition in a smartphone with technology of recognition of elements and AR technology (Chernihiv).
- Meteocontrol AI. A platform that helps farmers with insurance by an affordable product using satellite data and our algorithms (Kyiv).
- The Great Catalog. A marketplace that combines all 3D and BIM models for architects and designers in one place (Kyiv).
- Copra. A Ukrainian manufacturer of premium segment speaker systems and amplifiers. We have more than 20 patents in the USA, Europe and Ukraine (Odessa).
- EcoNanoBuild. Production of a new generation of ecological building materials – sulfur-asphalt concrete (Nano-asphalt® and Nano-concrete®) with the use of industrial waste (Kyiv).
- FIT-Budget. An online platform (SaaS) for accounting in budget (non-profit organizations established by public authorities) institutions of Ukraine. This is the first and only “cloud” solution for accounting, payroll, work with government agencies and financial reporting (Kharkiv).
- Noplag. Plagiarism detection and resources for academic writing (Kyiv).
- DreamApp. Dream interpretation app (Kyiv).
- Saport. Quick connection to a plumber, electrician etc to solve household problems (Kyiv).
- skillsetter. A modern simulation-based online-courses that help people to get skills to get a job in an IT-company (Kyiv).
- Awesomic. An app that matches companies tasks with the best fit designer instantly. Client gets the result on the next business day for a flat monthly subscription. 3000 design projects completed on Awesomic platform by companies like Reface, People AI, Restream and others (Kyiv).
- Onyx. A new, patented for it’s segment product with the contactless towel drying principle, which is produced and designed in Ukraine and has been already exported to the European countries and Israel. In line with a unique esthetic and engineering solution this product is highly functional for both delicate towel drying and other textile goods, and for efficient heating of the bathroom (Cherkasy).
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Olena Mazhuga. Investment manager at Genesis Investments.
- Sergii Dovgopolyy. Managing partner at FeelGoodLabs businesses accelerator.
- Andrii Gulyi. Head of analytics at INDAX.
- Maksym Beshleul. Founder and CEO at MedicalLife.
- Yurii Sereshchenko. Managing partner at Quarter Partners.
- Dmytro Chernukha. Industry Innovation manager at DTEK.
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch in real-time.
DATE: June 4. The actual start will be at 14:00 and approximately up to 20:00.
PLACE: Kyiv, street Khreshchatyk, 10 (iHUB)
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.
The Fund also provides opportunities for promising startups to receive grants for acceleration programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance the professional competence and improve skills related to business development and beyond.
UNIT.City is Ukraine’s first innovation park. It is the location where matchless infrastructure and all-inclusive ecosystem enable high technology, innovative and creative businesses to happen and flourish. Here the concentration of companies, startups, students, professionals and research laboratories creates conditions for businesses within the park to grow faster than outside.
Unit School of Business. Business school for entrepreneurs and their teams at the UNIT.City innovation center. The school’s educational programs are based on the methodology of the University of Berkeley (California), and 80% of classes consist of practice. During their studies, students master 7 elements of business and immediately implement these tools in their projects. At the end of the program, students have the opportunity to take a course in pitch preparation and present their business to investors.
iHUB is one of the leading Ukrainian technology hubs, which combines modern coworking, the best acceleration programs, creates events of any complexity from scratch, as well as develops a number of its startups.