The Ukrainian Startup Fund will hold the 24th selection of startups for state financing which have received high marks from experts. Pitch Day, due to quarantine, will take place on April 16 remotely, using Zoom, a service for video conferencing. Everyone will be able to watch the live broadcast on our official YouTube channel.
“This pitch will definitely be powerful because we will see 13 startups at once! Another feature is the presence of many teams, which after the defeat apply for a second time. When announcing the results of pitches, we always emphasize the second chance, which should be used, because as practice shows, the second attempt mostly leads to victory. Of course, it works only if you take the feedback into account and work on the mistakes.” – CEO of the Ukrainian Startup Fund Pavlo Kartashov comments the announcement.
Also, special prizes will be awarded to the teams participating in the pitch from the partners of the Ukrainian Startup Fund – LIFT99 Kyiv Hub, UNIT.City and iHUB based on NUMA.
The LIFT99 Kyiv Hub Prize is to reward teams selected by LIFT99 representatives with free access to their startup hub for a period of two months.
The UNIT.City prize is 3 months for the winning team in the newest coworking space NEST on the territory of the innovation park + its infrastructure.
The prize from iHUB powered by NUMA is to reward a team selected by iHUB representatives for three months of free use of their workplaces. In the future, the startup founders can be iHUB residents with a 50% discount for 6 months if they wish.
What startups will we see?
13 pre-seed startups (each of them сlaims for the $ 25,000 grant) managed to get to the 24th Pitch Day. Meet:
- Bank of Memories. A service for storing and transmitting digital data, family archives, and memories to future generations using blockchain (Kyiv).
- Librarius. A mobile app that allows for purchase, rental, and free reading in electronic and audio formats (Kyiv).
- Supplio. An automated restocking platform for the cosmetics suppliers that integrates them with their clients (beauty salons, pharmacies, shops), providing automatic order management based on actual clients’ stocks and product usage (Kyiv).
- AutoBI. An innovative system designed for Automotive and related areas that will help to configure the processes for optimal fleet managing (Kyiv, Lviv).
- AGRO BI. A business intelligence platform for risk management and the yield increasing for agribusiness with machine learning. The platform provides strict information on plant population and the presence of the weeds based on high-precision drone imaging using its own neural networks and data collection optimization algorithm (Kyiv).
- ENERGY COMPLEX: DEVELOPMENT AND EXPLOITATION. An enterprise that aims to comprehensively address the issue of waste management from sorting to complete disposal of all residues of household waste, the basis of which is energy gasification of waste (Kalush).
- Drivers Help – Roadside Assist. A service platform for support and assistance on the road 24/7 with one button. At the touch of a button, the driver will be able to get support and assistance from drivers and partner services (Odessa).
- GeronCore — a living heart. A new generation of cardiac implants for kids with CHD (Kyiv).
- Finanz AI. SaaS that automates startup finance, replaces the financial officers, and SAVE 5-10X time and money (Kyiv).
- Artera. A gadget that can draw in any color (Kyiv).
- Erudito. A mobile application, that allows children to learn school subjects in the game format and gain knowledge for modern professions (Kharkiv).
- Ademrius. A web platform that allows the automation of the work of medical institutions through the implementation of online medical appointments and electronic patient history (Lviv).
- Harmix. An intelligent service that automatically selects the right music for your video just in seconds (Kyiv).
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Mykhailo Khaletskyi. Credit Analyst at SEB AB.
- Arkadiy Vershebenyuk. Partner at BeeVentures.
- Andrii Gulyi. Head of analytics at INDAX.
- Yurii Sereshchenko. Managing partner at Quarter Partners.
- Dmytro Chernukha. Industry Innovation manager at DTEK.
- Oleksii Orap. CEO and founder of Youscan.
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch in real-time.
DATE: April 16. The actual start will be at 14:00 and approximately up to 19:30.
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.
The Fund also provides opportunities for promising startups to receive grants for acceleration programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance the professional competence and improve skills related to business development and beyond.
UNIT.City is Ukraine’s first innovation park. It is the location where matchless infrastructure and all-inclusive ecosystem enable high technology, innovative and creative businesses to happen and flourish. Here the concentration of companies, startups, students, professionals and research laboratories creates conditions for businesses within the park to grow faster than outside.
LIFT99 is an international startup community with physical coworking locations in Kyiv and Tallinn. Our goal is to study the Ukrainian startup ecosystem and help it accelerate its entry to the global startup map. We connect startup founders and hold tete-a-tete meetings with investors, hold a number of closed events – which in turn helps the members of our hub to gain valuable experience and knowledge.
iHUB is one of the leading Ukrainian technology hubs, which combines modern coworking, the best acceleration programs, creates events of any complexity from scratch, as well as develops a number of its startups.