The Ukrainian Startup Fund will hold the 23rd selection of startups for state financing which have received high marks from experts. Pitch Day, due to quarantine, will take place on April 2 remotely, using Zoom, a service for video conferencing. Everyone will be able to watch the live broadcast on our official YouTube channel.
“ Due to the strengthening of quarantine measures and the aggravation of the epidemiological situation, we are temporarily returning to an equally traditional and well-established online format. Welcome to the pitch of the first April participants!” – CEO of the Ukrainian Startup Fund Pavlo Kartashov comments the announcement.
Also, special prizes will be awarded to the teams participating in the pitch from the partners of the Ukrainian Startup Fund – LIFT99 Kyiv Hub, UNIT.City, iHUB based on NUMA and Unit School of Business.
The LIFT99 Kyiv Hub Prize is to reward teams selected by LIFT99 representatives with free access to their startup hub for a period of two months.
The prize from Unit School of Business is to award one startup selected by USB representatives with a scholarship for free education at their school for entrepreneurs.
The prize from iHUB powered by NUMA is to reward a team selected by iHUB representatives for three months of free use of their workplaces. In the future, the startup founders can be iHUB residents with a 50% discount for 6 months if they wish.
The UNIT.City prize is 3 months for the winning team in the newest coworking space NEST on the territory of the innovation park + its infrastructure.
What startups will we see?
11 seed startups (each of them сlaims for the $ 50,000 grant) managed to get to the 23rd Pitch Day. Meet:
- Fiway. Quality internet for transport that works in any country of the world.
- Znak. Online service for easy and safe trademark registration, as well as professional management of applications and registrations.
- Protocol. An online platform that helps citizens to solve their legal needs of any complexity without the need for a face-to-face consultation with experts.
- MoveOne. The electric scooter for postal and courier service. It consists exclusively of bicycle parts, has a difficult frame in one click, increased loading capacity, and a possibility of changing technical characteristics on demand.
- MISU. A medical system in a smartphone and a special watch, which monitors your health LIVE in 24\7 mode. Notifications of critical moments for your health. MISU also provides the delivery of farm products, analysis of the onset of a disease, electronic recommendations from a doctor, and, of course, additional features that facilitate and relieve the work of doctors during pandemics COVID and others.
- CareTech.Human. Fully automated, painless, and affordable solution for daily health checks, diabetes screening, and monitoring.
- Oyko. A platform enhancing retail customer engagement and loyalty. It facilitates the digitalization and transformation process in retail. Increases sales and improves the efficiency of the business. On the one hand, it is an interface/office for retailers/sellers through which they can access their existing and potential customers to increase sales. On the other hand, it is a mobile app with all-in-one advanced features.
- SmartReader. Lessons for children aged 6-16 on fast reading and memory development using a gamified online platform. As a result of combining classes with the teacher and training on the platform, children’s reading technique is improved more than 3 times, and a stable skill of effective information processing is formed.
- ThyForLife. A health technology company built to enable more than 400 million thyroid patients globally to efficiently manage and optimize their health. The ThyForLife App enables users to track, store, visualize, and assess their thyroid condition in one intuitive and streamlined location.
- Spalah. A platform for the joint development of professional skills.
- Effa. 100% eco-friendly recyclable and renewable disposable toiletries.
Who is the jury made up of?
- Dmytro Chernukha. Industry Innovation manager at DTEK.
- Maksym Beshleul. Founder and CEO at MedicalLife.
- Oleksandr Yatsenko. Managing partner at BRISE Capital.
- Andrii Gulyi. Head of analytics at INDAX.
- Oleksii Orap. CEO and founder of Youscan.
- Vadym Rogovskiy. CEO and founder of Startup School Online.
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch in real-time.
DATE: April 2. The actual start will be at 14:00 and approximately up to 19:30.
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.
The Fund also provides opportunities for promising startups to receive grants for acceleration programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance the professional competence and improve skills related to business development and beyond.
UNIT.City is Ukraine’s first innovation park. It is the location where matchless infrastructure and all-inclusive ecosystem enable high technology, innovative and creative businesses to happen and flourish. Here the concentration of companies, startups, students, professionals and research laboratories creates conditions for businesses within the park to grow faster than outside.
LIFT99 is an international startup community with physical coworking locations in Kyiv and Tallinn. Our goal is to study the Ukrainian startup ecosystem and help it accelerate its entry to the global startup map. We connect startup founders and hold tete-a-tete meetings with investors, hold a number of closed events – which in turn helps the members of our hub to gain valuable experience and knowledge.
Unit School of Business. Business school for entrepreneurs and their teams at the UNIT.City innovation center. The school’s educational programs are based on the methodology of the University of Berkeley (California), and 80% of classes consist of practice. During their studies, students master 7 elements of business and immediately implement these tools in their projects. At the end of the program, students have the opportunity to take a course in pitch preparation and present their business to investors.
iHUB is one of the leading Ukrainian technology hubs, which combines modern coworking, the best acceleration programs, creates events of any complexity from scratch, as well as develops a number of its startups.