The Ukrainian Startup Fund will hold the 22nd selection of startups for state financing which have received high marks from experts. Pitch Day will take place on March 5 in offline mode on the territory of the innovation park UNIT.City. Everyone will be able to watch the live broadcast on our official YouTube channel.
“Congratulations on the first day of spring, which marked the long-awaited return of startup pitches from the virtual world to the real one. Due to the easing quarantine restrictions, we continue the glorious tradition of face-to-face performances and hope that it will continue to be so.” – CEO of the Ukrainian Startup Fund Pavlo Kartashov comments on the announcement.
Also, a special prize will be awarded to the teams participating in the pitch from a partner of the Ukrainian Startup Fund – iHUB based on NUMA.
The prize from iHUB powered by NUMA is to reward a team selected by iHUB representatives for three months of free use of their workplaces. In the future, the startup founders can be iHUB residents with a 50% discount for 6 months if they wish.
What startups will we see?
12 pre-seed startups (each of them сlaims for the $ 25,000 grant) managed to get to the 22nd Pitch Day. Meet:
- EcoTyre. An engineering and software startup company that designed a concept of modular tires recycling line. The company enables the production of valuable raw materials for re-use in the production of new tires, road surfacing, technical rubber products, plastics, covers, building applications, etc.
- Biobetter. For people who want to stay young, healthy, and productive but don’t know what steps they need to take, how to integrate this into their lifestyle, and track dynamics, Biobetter is a virtual assistant that provides blood tests-based recommendations and allows them to increase productivity, slow down the aging process, and prevent diseases.
- Checki. Smart service of electronic receipts. Customers do not need to save cash receipts anymore. Business can lower charges on paper and fiscal registers and can get additional marketing tool.
- Workee. Workee makes remote work simple with machine learning-based automation focusing on freelancers, professionals, and individual entrepreneurs engaged in consultations and training. Manage personal spaces with a calendar, notes, and reminders integrated with each other. Engage with clients easier with your website, simple booking, and payments allowing onboard them automatically and track relations effectively.
- HoldYou. An online psychological aid service. Our project is for people who want to get help from psychologist whenever and wherever, no matter where they are at the moment.
- Mobiform. An online platform, which plans to become the best producer of custom-made furniture in the world. We will unite customers, sellers and producers all over the world and make custom-made furniture cheaper, faster and enjoyable with online VR constructor and full automatization of marketing and production process. Just imagine – you will wear a VR helmet and start building the kitchen by your own hands.
- Symptomatical. A SaaS application that can help organizations track the health of their members (employees, students, etc.) and ensure the overall operational health of the organization preventing epidemic outbreaks.
- VR Inn. A VR-tech company focused on enterprise training solutions development with a proprietary VR Inn Growth platform to deliver, manage, and control training of employees. Our mission is to rebuild existing training methodologies such as video training, printed instructions, and shadowing, and deliver VR trainings that provide up to 90% of training effectiveness to such industries as automotive, heavy manufacturing, mining, and etc. Our main differentiator comparing with regular VR training companies is that we deliver training as a complete solution for different industries, instead of developing tailor-made solutions for each company. That allows us to build a product company with a variety of VR training.
- CleanOK. An online service for instant booking of car wash. Addressed issues: queues at car washes at peak times; difficulty of search, lack of online booking; lack of customers at regular car washes; explosive growth of self-service car washes; the difficulty of keeping the booking journal. The solution is a platform for car washes that want to increase profits; and customers who do not want to stand in line and spend time on calls.
- JURDEP. An Intelligent Workspace for Lawyers that enables both individual users and legal teams of any size to be more efficient and productive as well as effective. Its AI features allow the automation of routine processes and obtaining valuable information for decision-making in a matter of seconds. JURDEP also offers integration with external data sources including court records, well-organized storage of documents, enhanced collaboration capabilities including co-authoring, task management, comprehensive analytics and AI-empowered forecasting, both legal practice management and enterprise legal management tools. Therefore, corporate legal departments, law firms or solo practitioners will find everything they need in JURDEP.
- V-Art. An ArtTech startup, an online platform to exhibit, sell and collect digital art. V-Art platform is the first multifunctional solution for art, created by using digital technologies and digitized traditional art, which exists as a file. The platform combines: 1) transparent infrastructure for digital artworks as assets: authentication, registration of provenance, transactions and sales history by using blockchain, as well as a flexible system of licenses in compliance with copyright and data security; 2) unique interactive virtual gallery spaces technology with convenient navigation, virtual chats for communication and AR mode; 3) professional social network for art market participants, where galleries, artists, collectors, dealers, curators will be able to establish professional connections for effective interaction by creating personal accounts.”
- My1stJob. Youth job-resource, where candidates and companies instantly find each other by target Soft Skills, a system of filters and comparisons. We were the first to use strong personal soft skills as a selection criterion: recruiter received an effective tool for determining the right candidates, among all without experience; candidate – competitive advantage among others and the choice of vacancies, where he is needed. Candidates determine their strengths with a special test that they pass BEFORE the selection of vacancies, minimizing the likelihood of distortion of results.
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Igor Rusnak. Strategic and Development Officer at OTP Bank.
- Arkadiy Vershebenyuk. Partner at BeeVentures.
- Yurii Sereshchenko. Managing partner at Quarter Partners.
- Oleksandr Riabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA.
- Maksym Beshleul. Founder and CEO at MedicalLife.
- Sergii Dovgopolyy. Managing partner at FeelGoodLabs businesses accelerator.
How to join?
If you are a media representative, you can request accreditation at this link. Seats are limited.
Also the online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch in real-time.
DATE: March 5. The actual start will be at 14:00 and approximately up to 19:20.
PLACE: Kyiv, street Dorogozhytska, 3, office B8 (UNIT.City)
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund also provides opportunities for promising startups to receive grants for acceleration programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance professional competence, and improve skills related to business development and beyond.
The Fund also provides opportunities for promising startups to receive grants for acceleration programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance the professional competence and improve skills related to business development and beyond.
iHUB is one of the leading Ukrainian technology hubs, which combines modern coworking, the best acceleration programs, creates events of any complexity from scratch, as well as develops a number of its startups.