The Ukrainian Startup Fund will hold the fifteenth selection of startups which have received high marks from experts. Pitch Day, due to quarantine, will take place on November 6 remotely, using Zoom, a service for video conferencing. Everyone will be able to watch the live broadcast on our official YouTube channel.
“Spring is coming back, although not in the form we expected. Due to the strengthening of quarantine measures and the tenseness of epidemiological situation, we decided to conduct pitches in online format, which was actively practiced in the spring during the lockdown. The format is already tried and clear, so startups, the jury and the organizers do not expect any obstacles. Nevertheless, there are things that any quarantine cannot change: we are waiting for interesting presentations from modern Ukrainian startups, each of which this time will compete for a grant of $ 50,000 “ – SEO of the Ukrainian Startup Fund Pavlo Kartashov comments the announcement.
What startups will we see?
10 seed startups (each of them сlaims for the $ 50,000 grant) managed to get to the 15th Pitch Day. Meet:
- TurboRapid. Compact and highly efficient gas-fired hot water boiler “TurboRapid” type, the use of which will significantly reduce the cost of generating heat for the production of heating and hot water supply, which will allow the population, industry, communities to save additional funds and improve the social, economic and environmental aspects of life in the country.
- ELUPAY. A complex of Hardware and Software solutions that allows the owners of any kind of vending machines to organize the acceptance of non-cash payments (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) quickly and profitably. The consumer will be able to pay by cashless method through the application on his mobile device.
- eSalesPlatform. E-commerce platform which helps retailers to expand their businesses on global marketplaces like Amazon or eBay.
- MBC Bundles & Product PACK. An application to create Bundles and Product Packages for Shopify eCommerce platform to increase average check, cross-sell, and simplify inventory of such combinations, and include them to marketing campaigns.
- DITA. Size and fit recommendation system for offline and online stores that can measure parameters of a human body with tailor-accuracy and match them with a pattern of the clothing item.
- Environmentally friendly ion-plasma technology of black silicon for solar energy. The technology is based on a new physical effect of collective trampoline sputtering of solids, discovered by the authors in 2019, the main technical solutions are protected by a Patent of Ukraine. The high rates and low costs of environmentally friendly processes will significantly reduce the production costs of black silicon structures compared to the most efficient modern MCC technology.
- IntelSoft Technologies. We help organizations improve performance by better understanding and predicting operations, customer behavior and external environment. With this purpose in mind, we develop easy-to-use software solutions with automated advanced analytics for decision makers’ needs. This allows to embark on daily data-driven decision making with no need for data science and IT skills.
- CONTROL FLOW. Combination of hardware and software solutions for accounting and control of fluid flow. First of all, the product is focused on the fuel market. The application is synchronized with a device that provides access to remote system management. The application will allow companies to manage their own resources, detect theft and manage card limits in real time, as a result – an increase of resource efficiency and a reduction of costs by 15%.
- Saport. UBER for urgent services. We created the software that connects a client with an expert (ready to fix his problem now) in a phone call within 20 seconds. It is suitable for any service, and the integration takes a few hours.
- Biphasic+. Automatic external defibrillator is the latest development in the field of treatment of threatening cardiac events, designed for dosed electro-pulse defibrillation effect transtrakally on the patient’s heart in the treatment of acute and chronic cardiac arrhythmias and monitoring of electrocardio signal (ECS).
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Yurii Sereshchenko. Managing partner at Quarter Partners.
- Vadym Rogovskiy. CEO and founder of Startup School Online.
- Oleksandr Riabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA.
- Felix Litvinsky. Managing director at Blackstone LaunchPad.
- Oleksii Orap. CEO and founder of Youscan.
- Ganna Tolstanova. Head of the R&D department of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch in real time.
DATE: November 6. The actual start will be at 14:00 and approximately up to 18:30.
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.
The Fund also provides opportunities for promising startups to receive grants for acceleration programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance the professional competence and improve skills related to business development and beyond.