The Ukrainian Startup Fund will hold the eighteenth selection of startups for state financing which have received high marks from experts. Pitch Day, due to quarantine, will take place on December 11 remotely, using Zoom, a service for video conferencing. Everyone will be able to watch the live broadcast on our official YouTube channel.
“I congratulate all those who care about startups with the first winter pitch, which will take place next Friday. At this time of year the mood is traditionally festive and before its completion we will have time to give the opportunity to two dozen teams to present their projects to the jury at the end of this and next week. I wish you success and hope that for some of you the festive mood will be multiplied by the amount of the grant!” – CEO of the Ukrainian Startup Fund Pavlo Kartashov comments the announcement.
Also, a special prize from the partners of the Ukrainian Startup Fund – Unit School of Business (hereinafter – USB) will be drawn among the teams, pitch participants. The prize for one USB-selected startup will be a scholarship for free schooling for entrepreneurs.
What startups will we see?
10 seed startups (each of them сlaims for the $ 50,000 grant) managed to get to the 18th Pitch Day. Meet:
- nect WORLD. Enables business professionals to be confident in their day-to-day operations with hassle-free, secure, and reliable Internet for their laptops.
- SameKey. Cloud access control system, which can be installed on any door in any facility.
- Amperia. Set for laboratory work in physics in schools. A modern approach to the classic topic, which fascinates children, helps to ask questions and stimulates finding the solution.
- Creative Practice. Educational and career ecosystem for professionals and companies working in the field of creative industries (design, marketing, IT, advertising, game development). Our system combines opportunities for training, creation and distribution of educational content, as well as employment and search for professionals.
- Activechat. Combines a live chat tool with smart AI-powered virtual assistants to help customer care teams help their customers better. With Activechat, your smart AI assistant is ready in minutes and keeps improving forever. Our mission is to put the power of conversational AI into the hands of customer service leaders all over the world.
- PatentBot. Easy chatbot which helps SMB’s to protect their intellectual property all over the world in 5 clicks and 10 min.
- SEMCS by Mosquito Control. Smart eco-friendly mosquito control system that protects from mosquito bites and cleans outdoor territories from mosquitoes.
- VR Inn. VR-tech company focused on enterprise training solutions development which are partially tailor-made and at the same time uses a VR Inn Growth platform to deliver, manage, and control training of employees. With a mission to rebuild existing training methodologies using the state-of-the-art technologies available today and deliver the best practices to such industries as automotive, manufacturing etc.
- SkyMe. Consists of two complementary products in the market of mobile repair services. The first is a marketplace with delivery of spare parts and equipment. (b2b market, for repairmen) The second is a high-speed delivery service for mobile device repairs. (b2c market, for mobile users). The last, in our opinion, is able to completely change the traditional understanding for mobile repair services market.
- Apiway. No-code integration platform and b2b software marketplace, where you can find and purchase different software for your business and connect these apps between each other via API, for free, without coding.
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Roman Viliavin. Partner at Promodo.
- Igor Rusnak. Strategic and Development Officer at OTP Bank.
- Mykhailo Khaletskyi. Senior Investment Analyst at Simpact VC.
- Roman Kirigetov. Co-founder & CEO FlashBeats, founder of Kabanchik and Crafta.
- Valeriy Dobrovolskiy. Expert at USAID Program “Competitive Economy of Ukraine”.
- Maksym Beshleul. Founder and CEO at MedicalLife.
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch in real time.
DATE: December 11. The actual start will be at 14:00 and approximately up to 18:30.
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.
The Fund also provides opportunities for promising startups to receive grants for acceleration programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance the professional competence and improve skills related to business development and beyond.
Unit School of Business. Business school for entrepreneurs and their teams at the UNIT.City innovation center. The school’s educational programs are based on the methodology of the University of Berkeley (California), and 80% of classes consist of practice. During their studies, students master 7 elements of business and immediately implement these tools in their projects. At the end of the program, students have the opportunity to take a course in pitch preparation and present their business to investors.