For the first time, the Ukrainian Startup Fund jointly with the Western NIS Enterprise Fund will conduct a public selection of startups to participate in the Consumer Electronic Show 2022. Out of 17 teams, eight winners will be selected. They will receive innovative vouchers, be exempted from paying rent for the Ukrainian pavilion of startups CES Eureka Park, which will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada. In addition, they will also be able to do intensive training, CES Bootcamp, in order to present their startup in the best way. Pitch Day will take place on the 14th of September in the offline format on the territory of the innovation park UNIT.City.
“This is literally a unique event for our region because for the first time we encourage the participation of startups to present their developments at one of the most famous technology exhibitions on the planet at the state level. Thanks to our novelty in the form of innovative vouchers, teams do not have to worry about the cost of traveling overseas. Separately, I would like to note the good organization and transparent selection of participants, which everyone will be able to watch in real-time”, commented Pavlo Kartashov, Director of the Ukrainian Startup Fund.
What startups will we see?
- Comeback Mobility. A smart crutch tips to control the load on the injured leg, combining AI with a simple hardware product.
- Unlink VR. Wireless data transmission solution for VR based on directional laser radiation and tracking system.
- SANI. Distributor of versatile and disinfection solutions. Our devices transform plain water and salt into a powerful and safe antiseptic. We reduce the cost of antiseptics more than 20 times, while simultaneously reducing toxic emissions and reducing the risk of skin diseases.
- Dronoport. A protected box with a drone, where onboard batteries charge and where the drone lands and takes off. Droneport is a fully automatic solution that does not require any operational staff and is ready to use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, almost under any weather conditions.
- Qudi. A mask that allows you to show any emotion (such as Happy, Sad, Confused, Engry, etc.) on your face without identity disclosure.
- Lapsim. A medical device and software for training laparoscopic surgery. Laparoscopy allows surgery to be performed through several holes in the human peritoneum, which allows patients to leave the hospital in a few days.
- Neverdark. A fireplace with real fire for any apartment. It is a smart device that is fully controlled by our mobile app via Wi-Fi. No smoke. No communications. No cleaning.
- Knopka. A system that automates patient care at hospital beds. Soft compatible with different equipment, health monitoring, and HIS B2B/SaaS.
- MySat. An identical model of a real nanosatellite for space fans, so they can program and build it without special knowledge.
- Effa. 100% recyclable and renewable toiletries, starting with a paper toothbrush, the only toothbrush that can be recycled.
- Manna. 3D Metaverses are the next phase of the Internet. BIllion users on Instagram and TikTok make stories every day. These users can’t create professional studio content, they can’t collaborate or participate in the experiences available in 3D worlds. MANNA allows real-time 3D content production, collaborations, and interactions in 3D like games, webinars, sales, events using computer graphics and tracking technology.
- Oranta-AO. Analysis of pulsations during blood pressure measurement.
- BloogerMall. An influencer marketing platform that allows advertisers to collaborate with bloggers quickly, safely, and efficiently.
- Copra. A Ukrainian manufacturer of premium segment speaker systems and amplifiers.
- Esper Bionics. Data-collective robotic prosthetic hands and software platform to improve control of all robotic prostheses.
- Hushme. A mask that provides people with speech privacy solutions while maintaining ease of use.
- Cardiomo. AI-based solution for remote patient monitoring that enables smart, continuous, real-time, and cost-effective monitoring outside of hospital settings.
Who is the jury made up of?
- Jaroslawa Z. Johnson. President and CEO at WNISEF.
- Andrii Sorokhan. Venture Lead at UVentures.
- Olga Kuzmenko. Innovation manager at DTEK.
- Ihor Markevych. Head of Development at Ukrainian Startup Fund.
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Anton Melnyk. Expert of the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine on startup ecosystems development.
- Iryna Novikova. Director of innovations at Tech Ukraine.
- Arkadiy Vershebenyuk. Partner at JKR Investment Group.
- Vasyl Zadvornyy. CEO at Prozorro.
- Vitaliy Goncharuk. Founder of Augmented Pixels.
- Felix Litvinsky. Managing director at Blackstone LaunchPad.
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch it in real-time.
If you are a media representative there is an opportunity to be accredited by this link to get to the event in person.
DATE: September 14. The actual start will be at 2 p.m.
PLACE: Kyiv, street Dorogozhytska, 3, campus B8 (UNIT.City).
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.
Western NIS Enterprise Fund (WNISEF) – a $150 million regional fund, a pioneer in Ukraine and Moldova with more than two decades of successful experience in investing in small and medium-sized companies. WNISEF was funded by the U.S. government via the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). In 2015 WNISEF has launched a $35 million legacy program focused on export promotion, local economic development, impact investing, and economic leadership.