The first public selection of startups to participate in the Web Summit 2021 will take place on Wednesday, September 22. Out of 20 teams, ten winners will be selected to receive innovative vouchers and present their product at the Ukrainian pavilion at the world’s largest technology conference in November in Lisbon, Portugal. Pitch Day will take place offline at the office of the Ukrainian venture fund Digital Future.
Innovative vouchers are a novelty from the USF. This is a grant to cover the costs of startup representatives’ participation in international exhibitions, conferences, promotional tours, or other international events that take place outside of Ukraine.
The event is organized by the Ukrainian Startup Fund jointly with the Ministry of Digital Transformation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Embassy of Ukraine in Portugal, Sigma Software Group, Ukrainian Hub, the European Business Association, and the digital agency iplace.
The general partner of the presentation is Digital Future.
The partners are PariMatch Tech, Rocket, Fondy, Avenga, ISSP, Concord Bank, and UNIT.City.
“In my personal opinion, many Ukrainian startups are quite confident and well prepared to enter international markets with their products. It is vital for a startup to be able to scale in the most efficient and simple way, so USF seeks to facilitate this process. And I am sure that Web Summit is a worthy and unique platform and a bright opportunity for networking and acceleration”, commented Pavlo Kartashov, Director of the Ukrainian Startup Fund.
What startups will we see?
- AutoBI. A SaaS automotive management platform for SMART solutions in a real-time mode. Designed as an innovative means of an excellent set up of the fleet management processes, it replaces dozens of programs and allows you to reduce costs while increasing the incomes of vehicle fleets.
- DJOOKY. A music trading platform, offering artists access to a global investment community and investors the opportunity to trade a new asset class.
- Wantent. An AI-powered content intelligence platform providing insights from the audience. Our mission is to make a positive impact on the content production industry globally and contribute to the improvement of the watching experience.
- GIOS. An Interactive TikTok-style Math platform for pupils.
- Jiffsy. A mobile-first storefront for fashion e-commerce.
- nect WORLD. A combination of software and hardware that provides a possibility to purchase data plans and VPN subscriptions in 113+ countries worldwide, which gives uninterrupted and secure access to the Internet for the users.
- Organization.GG. Helps streamers earn income by hosting fan experiences in the gaming multiverse.
- Gravitec. Automated content delivery for media and SMEs based on web push notification technology.
- Zeely. A mobile-first website builder.
- Workee. A back office for freelancers that helps to run their business online in a click.
- Deputy. A platform that automates the work of local deputies and citizens with the appeals of residents throughout the country, and is an effective tool for collecting, analyzing information and in-depth understanding of the local citizen.
- Postello. An AI-driven content generation service for social media businesses. We generate images, text, and content-plan for seconds just using AI.
- BDiary. All-in-one mobile assistant for private practice in the aesthetic industry.
- Suplery. The next generation in b2b marketplaces, providing cheap and hassle-free supply replenishment in specific industries
- Dooozen. Develops a solution aimed at automating routine activities on LinkedIn.
- SPOKK. A B2C fully digital insurance platform for buying, claiming, and managing insurance policies.
- Projectium. A platform, where founders can build project communities connecting dreamers and doers under the roof of a digital Silicon Valley.
- Skyworker. A “tinder-like” tech recruiting marketplace.
- Clasee. A knowledge-sharing platform for personalized life-long learning.
- Finmap. A financial management tool for SMBs.
- Gradual. A sales training automation system.
- SoMo bot. A service that helps control reputation, track competitors and prevent information attacks.
- Carbominer. Helps greenhouse growers to move to more efficient and sustainable horticulture with our microclimate monitoring system and CO2 captured from the open air.
Who is the jury made up of?
- Oleksii Vitchenko. CEO Digital Future.
- Valentina Rakitina. Head of Ecosystem Department at UNIT.City.
- Valery Krasovsky. Co-founder of Sigma Software Group.
- Anna Derevyanko. EBA Executive Director.
- Ivan Bilash. Head of Expanse at Parimatch Tech.
- Anton Melnyk. Expert of the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine on startup ecosystems development.
- Oleksandr Yatsenko. Managing Partner at BRISE Capital.
- Andriy Gubinskiy. Managing Partner at CRAFT INNOVATIONS.
- Vasyl Zadvornyy. CEO at Prozorro.
- Oleksandr Romanishin. Advisor to the Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine.
- Oleksii Orap. СEO YouScan.
- Sviatoslav Sviatnenko. CIO & DPO at ISSP.
- Deborah Fairlamb. Market & Industry Development Lead USAID Cybersecurity Activity.
- Olena Sosyedka. Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Concord Bank.
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch it in real-time.
DATE: September 22. The actual start will be at 2 p.m.
PLACE: Kyiv, street Donska, 4a (Digital Future).
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.