How to Develop an Appropriate Funding Strategy for Your Startup
This is a workshop for startup founders, startup executives, entrepreneurs, innovators, designers and developers.
A 50 + page digital workbook and reference materials are included.
Getting funding from investors is always a challenge for startups. Avoiding common pitfalls when raising money can make the difference between your startup’s success or failure and the amount of dilution that founders will suffer, which can mean the difference between a great or a dismal exit.
In this session you will learn:
- the most common, costly mistakes entrepreneurs make when fundraising
- how to develop a funding strategy appropriate for your startup
- appropriate funding instruments for each round of funding, including convertible notes, SAFE’s, common stock and preferred stock ;
- the dangers of SAFEs
- when to raise funds, how much to raise, and from whom;
- the danger of taking too much or too little from investors;
- identifying the valuation inflection points of your company;
- the differences between seed, angel and venture capital funding;
- alternative funding sources;
- the pros and cons of selling equity, convertible instruments, and venture debt;
- selecting and gaining access to the right investor; and
- what to do to increase the pre-money valuation of your company.