How International Startups Can Move to Silicon Valley
Silicon Valley contains the greatest concentration of wealth in the world, housing companies representing trillions of dollars of market capitalization on a short stretch of land between San Francisco and San Jose, California.
Companies from around the world come to Silicon Valley for access to markets, financing, and talent. Many of the most successful companies have started in other countries and moved to Silicon Valley.
Please join us for a presentation on how international startups can move to Silicon Valley. The speakers will discuss the legal, business, and practical aspects of moving your company, funding your startup, and tips on how to comply with legal, tax, and regulatory requirements.
The presentation will cover:
- How to make your company fundable to venture capitalists
- How to protect your foreign intellectual property
- The importance of limiting your potential liability
- Complying with federal immigration and California’s byzantine employment law rules
- Attracting and incentivizing employees
- Raising money in general in Silicon Valley