FROM INVESTOR TO ENTREPRENEUR AND VICE VERSA
Once becoming a part of the venture industry, it’s not that easy to give it up. However, there are many examples when VCs make the jump to entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs turn investors. Both parties have a lot to bring to the table. The skills might be different, but they are complementary and help get a much broader vision. We decided to sit together with some great investors and entrepreneurs and discuss these transitions, pitfalls, and pearls from different perspectives.
TOPICS TO DISCUSS
- How did it happen? Why did you decide to switch sides?
- What is the most significant difference between being a part of the investment team and a startup member?
- How does an investment background help build a successful startup?
- How does being a former entrepreneur make you a better investor?
- What are the challenges of the transition?
- What do you miss the most?
- What do you like in your current role the most (compared to the previous one)?
- Are there any biases you had to overcome?
- If you could choose only one thing that you have to do till the end of your career, will it be more likely investment-related or startup-related?