The Ukrainian Startup Fund will conduct the 32nd selection of startups for public funding. 9 teams at seed stage will present their projects. Each claims for a $50,000 grant. Pitch Day will take place on the 13th of October in the offline format at the innovation park UNIT.City.
Event’s media partner – InVenture. Specialize business publishing house of investment market.
«The new trend of pitches is the increasing the number of startups that are growing with us: they started from the pre-seed stage, successfully completed their plans and now they are ready for the next big step for their projects, namely the seed grant», CEO of the Ukrainian Startup Fund Pavlo Kartashov comments the announcement.
What startups will we see?
- ComeBack Mobility. Smart sensors for crutches to monitor the load during the rehabilitation after the injuries of lower extremities (Dnipro).
- Silentbox. Soundproof office cabins allow increasing the efficiency of employees by reducing the overall noise in the open space (Kyiv).
- Phygital business card E-Card. Helps companies to get maximum from the first contact. Physical business card powered by digital sales and marketing tools. Everything you need while networking in one convenient solution (Kyiv).
- Postello. Our customers are entrepreneurs in micro and small businesses who want to be online but don’t have enough time and money for running business pages on social media and Postello helps with that. This is an instrument that can generate, manage and edit content for social media using machine learning (Kyiv).
- Pharminno. Hi-tech conditions for individualized and small-batch compounding in a pharmacy setting of personalized cosmetic and drug products and specialized cosmetics for beauty centers, health care centers, and individual clients (Lviv).
- Lab24. A marketplace of medical laboratory tests with added value. It unites labs, nurses, medical centers and makes laboratory services more affordable and cheaper for customers (Kyiv).
- IBeauty. The automated ecosystem for the beauty industry. Provides partners with a CRM system for optimization and automation, marketing platform, and is a market moderator (Kyiv).
- Day: Motivation & Inspiration. Positive widgets for iOS that let you live a happier life every day (Kharkiv).
- HoldYou. An online psychological aid service. Our project is for people who want to get help from psychologists whenever and wherever no matter where they are at the moment. All the consultations take place online through our platform, it can be a mobile application, your account on the site, or by phone (Kyiv).
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch it in real-time.
If you are a media representative there is an opportunity to be accredited by this link to get to the event in person.
DATE: October 13. The actual start will be at 2 p.m. and approximately up to 7:30 p.m.
PLACE: Kyiv, street Dorogozhytska, 3, campus B8 (UNIT.City).
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Olesya Malovana. Chapter director at Startup Grind Dnipro.
- Maksym Beshleul. CEO Skylock Ukraine.
- Oleksandr Riabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA.
- Eugenia Klepa. Executive director at 1991 Open Data Incubator, ambassador at WTECH.
- Vadym Rogovskiy. CEO and founder of Startup School Online.
- Dmytro Chernukha. Industry Innovation manager at DTEK.
Also, special prizes will be awarded to the teams participating in the pitch from the partners of the Ukrainian Startup Fund: UNIT.City, Unit School of Business, and iHUB.
The UNIT.City prize is 3 months for the winning team in the newest coworking space NEST on the territory of the innovation park plus access to its infrastructure.
The prize from Unit School of Business is to award one startup selected by USB representatives with a scholarship for free education at their school for entrepreneurs.
The prize from iHUB is to reward a team selected by iHUB representatives for three months of free use of their workplaces. In the future, the startup founders can be iHUB residents with a 50% discount for 6 months if they wish.
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.