The Ukrainian Startup Fund will hold the 27th selection of startups for state financing which have received high marks from experts. Pitch Day will take place on June 11 in offline mode on the territory of the innovation park UNIT.City. Everyone will be able to watch the live broadcast on our official YouTube channel.
“Great news for Ukrainian innovations – entrepreneurs willingly offer their developments for consideration by the experts of our Fund, so we decided to make a minimum delay between the events to allow new teams to pitch as quickly as possible. Congratulations to everyone with the beginning of the hot summer season!” – CEO of the Ukrainian Startup Fund Pavlo Kartashov comments the announcement.
Also, special prizes will be awarded to the teams participating in the pitch from the partners of the Ukrainian Startup Fund – UNIT.City and iHUB.
The UNIT.City prize is 3 months for the winning team in the newest coworking space NEST on the territory of the innovation park + its infrastructure.
The prize from iHUB is to reward a team selected by iHUB representatives for three months of free use of their workplaces. In the future, the startup founders can be iHUB residents with a 50% discount for 6 months if they wish.
What startups will we see?
12 pre-seed startups (each of them сlaims for the $ 25,000 grant) managed to get to the 27th Pitch Day. Meet:
- WAY. An app for tracking orders and their routes in real time (Lviv).
- Avocado AI. B2B SaaS that uses math models to forecast the demand and form optimal orders for every ingredient (Kyiv).
- WalQlike. A mobile app with individual city tours for tourists and locals (Kyiv).
- Monor. An innovative glasses with the possibility of customization and a unique technology of fixing the temples (Kyiv).
- Workee. An all-in box solution for running a private coaching business online (Kyiv).
- Pro.Sport Platform. An online fitness club. A platform that connects proactive people with the desire for a healthy lifestyle and coaches in a quality professional space without borders and time constraints. Marketplace for users, online product designer for coaches (Kyiv).
- MANNA. An interactive media platform which allows 3D animation of user-generated content, streaming and social VR (Kyiv).
- SCT. A three-wheeled electric vehicle in a sealed frame with a cabin heater, which will allow mass use of environmentally friendly transport in populated areas due to its compactness and low cost (Kyiv).
- Advin. Goods availability controlling system on the shelves of food retail stores (Kyiv).
- Energy Absorbing Breakwater. Totally autonomous device for the conversion of the energy of sea waves to water desalination and power generation. Huge opportunities for scaling and use as the first coastal protection structure in history, capable of making a profit and paying back within 2 years (Dnipro).
- 4comfortshoes. An online shoe fitting service for retailers and shoe manufacturers. Based on the photos of the buyer’s feet, our service determines the parameters and selects the most comfortable shoes for them (Kyiv).
- Journey through the Solar System. A project, which aims to implement the Applicant Organization, is a series of cognitive – art books with augmented reality (AR), which covers the topic of the solar system and space in general (Kyiv).
Who is the jury made up of?
- Kateryna Degtyar. Chapter director at Startup Grind Kyiv.
- Olesya Malovana. Chapter director at Startup Grind Dnipro.
- Oleksandr Riabtsev. Founder of StartupInUA.
- Oleksandr Yatsenko. Managing partner at BRISE Capital.
- Andriy Zaikin. CEO and founder of YEP.
- Stanislav Podyachev. Managing partner at Blockchain Lab.
- Vitaliy Goncharuk. Founder of Augmented Pixels.
How to join?
The online broadcast will be available on our YouTube channel at the link, so everyone will be able to watch in real-time.
If you are a media representative there is an opportunity to be accredited by this link to get to the event in person.
DATE: June 11. The actual start will be at 14:00 and approximately up to 20:00.
PLACE: Kyiv, street Dorogozhytska, 3, office B8 (UNIT.City).
The Ukrainian Startup Fund is a state fund launched on the initiative of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. The mission of the fund is to promote the creation and development of technological startups in the early stages (pre-seed and seed), in order to increase their global competitiveness. The process of selecting startups for grants takes place on a competitive basis: companies are evaluated and elected by the board of independent investment experts.
The Fund constantly accepts and evaluates applications from Ukrainian startups. Pitch Days are regular events from the Ukrainian Startup Fund, which encourage innovative companies and individual specialists, developers to receive funds for the implementation of their ideas.
The Fund also provides opportunities for promising startups to receive grants for educational programs of well-known Ukrainian and international accelerators. The USF Grant Acceleration Program aims to increase the number of successful startups, enhance the professional competence and improve skills related to business development and beyond.
UNIT.City is Ukraine’s first innovation park. It is the location where matchless infrastructure and all-inclusive ecosystem enable high technology, innovative and creative businesses to happen and flourish. Here the concentration of companies, startups, students, professionals and research laboratories creates conditions for businesses within the park to grow faster than outside.
iHUB is one of the leading Ukrainian technology hubs, which combines modern coworking, the best acceleration programs, creates events of any complexity from scratch, as well as develops a number of its startups.