Working at a Startup in Finance and Accounting
Have you always liked the idea of working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup, but are unsure of where to start or what skills you need?
Our interactive session will open your mind to the exciting world of start-ups and scale-ups, providing tips and insights from both our own FinOps team and the startups across network.
What we will cover
During this workshop you’ll learn:
- What makes a startup so exciting and appealing in the first place?
- What specific finance and accounting challenges do they face?
- What skills do startups look for when hiring finance and accounting professionals?
Following an initial discussion, you’ll be put into small groups with experts from across the startup FinOps community, with the opportunity to ask questions and get tangible advice from the hiring startups themselves.
Who’s it for?
This session is specifically aimed at those who:
- Are currently working as an accountant in practice
- Are currently working in industry at a corporate or large organisation
- Already work in a startup/small business and want to broaden your network