Launching Your Startup – getting ‘Investor Ready’
Join us as Michael Wellwood, Managing Director, 88 Street Capital Inc., discusses the fundamentals of launching your startup business, what the books don’t tell you, and how you avoid common startup mistakes.
Learn about 5 key knowledge areas to prepare your company for investment including:
- Simplified business modelling – a systems engineering approach
- Financial modelling – simulation to test you business model
- The capital stack – Debt, equity, and hybrids? Designing your securities and modelling – simulation to test your business model
- Cap tables – understanding dilution and the exit
- Securities Laws – raising capital legally in the Exempt Market. Key guidance to stay ‘onside’ with the Securities Commission
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
10:00 am – 11:00 am
Zoom webinar – all registrants will receive a Zoom link closer to the date
Michael Wellwood, BSc, CSC
Over the past 15 years, Mike has focussed on structuring and capital raising for private companies in Western Canada. He has also maintained roles as a contract startup CFO for many companies including a majority aboriginal owned competitive electricity retailer, a vertically integrated land developer and a cannabis co-packing facility in Southern Alberta.