Building, Funding, and Growing Successful Biotech Startups
Turning a good scientific idea into a successful biotech startup is a challenging journey.
This panel will highlight several successful paths that scientists can take toward creating a successful biotech company. Learn what New York-area resources are available to turn your idea into a business and help you develop entrepreneurial skills.
The event will introduce funding and strategic programs available from IndieBio, the Center for Biotechnology, and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority Division of Research, Innovation, and Ventures (BARDA-DRIVe).
- Anton Xavier, Assistant Director of Technology and Business Development at the Center for Biotechnology.
- Phuong Nguyen, Commercialization Fellow at the Center for Biotechnology.
- Stephen Chambers, Managing Director of IndieBio in New York.
- Sandeep Patel, Director of BARDA DRIVe.
Note: Participants will be sent a link to the event by email 24 h in advance.
- 2:30-2:50: Introduction to Center for Biotechnology
- 2:50-3:10: Introduction to IndieBio
- 3:10-3:30: Introduction to BARDA DRIVe
- 3:30-4:00: Q&A