10 Startup Mistakes Every Entrepreneur Should Avoid
While necessity may be the mother of invention, building a company or even developing a new product is no easy task!
From assembling the right team to sourcing and securing investment, there’s a lot that can go wrong, especially for first-time founders.
It’s said that 90% of startups fail, which leads us to the question: where are these startups falling short and what can be done to improve their chances of success?
A successful startup isn’t built by one single person alone. You need to surround yourself with subject matter experts and mentors that you can learn from. Luckily, as the leading venture studio in the Machine Economy, we’ve blazed a startup trail with many proven successes to date. We’ve developed a winning strategy to help aspiring entrepreneurs avoid common stumbling blocks and we’re here to share our wisdom with you.
So, what are you waiting for? Let our experts guide you on your path to startup success.
Aligned with the new norm of digital events and in the spirit of inclusivity, this webinar is open to anyone and will be presented remotely via Hopin (to attend the webinar you need to register on Hopin – click here).
- Introduction and EiR topics
- 10 tips to avoid common mistakes as a new entrepreneur:
- 1. How to conduct proper research to identify market needs
- 2. How to differentiate your product from the competition
- 3. How to clearly define and achieve your customer’s needs
- 4. How to successfully test (and pivot) your offering
- 5. How to define your business focus (sales, revenues, and profits)
- 6. How to avoid poor execution strategies
- 7. How to ensure you don’t fall into the trap of failed leadership
- 8. How to overcome the fear of failure
- 9. How to know when to scale the company
- 10. How to successfully pitch your business
- Open-floor Q&A
- Sera Akinci — Venture Growth Manager at Next Big Thing AG
- Anita Dordic — EiR Program Lead at Next Big Thing AG
We look forward to welcoming you online!